Invest in DeFi from a platform you own.
OctoFi empowers you to invest in DeFi from a platform you own by aggregating thousands of opportunities with decentralized finance
Track your portfolio, explore opportunities, trade directly, participate in governance, and do so much more from the “community-owned coinbase” of DeFi.
|✅ Yep||❌ Nope||🚧 In Progress|
|Open source||Yield farm hype||CEX competitor|
|Rug resistant||Ponzinomics hype||DEX aggregator|
|Transparency||VC investor hype||Share ALL fees|
- Website - octo.fi
- Platform - app.octo.fi
- Roadmap - todo.octo.fi
- Support - help.octo.fi
- Telegram - tg.octo.fi
- Twitter - @octofinance
OctoFi is a DeFi investing platform that’s wholly owned by holders of OCTO, an ERC-20 token on Ethereum.
- Total Supply: 800,000 OCTO (MAX)
- Circulating Supply: ~350,000 OCTO (CIRC)
- Locked Supply: ~210,000 OCTO (LOCKED)
Circulating Supply = Total Supply - Project Reserve (locked) - Interest Program Fund - Project Reserve (streaming) - Uniswap Liquidity (locked) - Project Reserve (deployer) - Interest Program Deposits - Token Contract (burned)
⚠️ You can verify tokens locked in smart contracts for yourself as explained in this transparency report.
Bonding curve public sale was completed on 14 September 2020 as detailed here.
- Public Sale: 125,000 OCTO distributed via bonding curve ($0.18 - $1.08)1
- Project Reserve: 275,000 OCTO assigned to transparent project fund
- Interest Program: 200,000 OCTO allocated to interest programs
- Early Backers: 200,000 OCTO among strategic cohort ($0.18)
OCTO holders direct platform decisions through governance, unlock exclusive features and incentives, and will receive ALL fees generated, paid out in ETH.
New users commonly ask about certain addresses with larger holdings (view all holders here) which are detailed below.
- Token Profile
- Project Reserve (locked)
- Interest Program Fund
- Uniswap Liquidity (OCTO-USDC)
- Uniswap Liquidity (OCTO-ETH)
- Project Reserve (deployer)
- Interest Program Deposits
- Token Contract (burned)
The team have chosen to remain anonymous and have a number of reasons for choosing to do so.
Main reason: Decentralization
- Don’t lean on founder reputations
- Avoid “cult leader” vulnerability
- Foster grassroots organic community
- Empower project to stand on its own
- Minimize chance of being shut down
- Reduce social exploit attack surface
- Focus on the product and ecosystem
We believe you don’t need a team to trust, you need to verify their work.
Before taking a deep dive, it’s worth taking a quick look at these.
- 8 out of 10 in Coin Report by Nik Patel
- SIMETRI ‘Pick of the Month’ by Crypto Briefing
- Regular updates and insights on our blog
- Infrastructure for DeFi with Tentacles
- How To Use Snapshot & Create Proposals
- Aquarium: Transparency Report Library
- Changelog: All Software Changes
Our main website is octo.fi, but we provide many shortlinks to our other resources for your convenience.
👋 Start here - dyor.octo.fi (You are here)
🐙 OctoFi Platform - app.octo.fi
🦄 Uniswap profile - uni.octo.fi
📚 Documentation - docs.octo.fi
📰 Telegram Channel - news.octo.fi
🎓 Octoversity - help.octo.fi
🗞 Official Blog - octo.fi/blog
💬 Telegram Group - tg.octo.fi
📒 Changelog - log.octo.fi
👩💻 GitHub Repos - code.octo.fi
🎭 Meme Gallery - memes.octo.fi
😻 Product Hunt - ph.octo.fi
Bonding curve was completed on 14 September 2020. ↩